Monday, October 13, 2014

A How To: Polishing Tarnished Goodwill Silver Items

I know that I have been sharing a lot of things off topic of fashion and beauty, but this all in an effort to create my "She Space".  This space will be my personal work and film space for my YouTube channel. So for now I am decorating, cleaning, and sharing as I go.

This post is going to be a review of "Wright's Sliver Cream". I did go to YouTube looking for what products people use to polish tarnished Silver pieces. I figured that the many thrifters on YouTube would have shared a remedy.  But to my surprise I only saw videos using Baking Soda, Aluminum Foil, and Boiling water. Well I wanted some thing quick and easy.

On the recommendation of a fellow Thrifter I purchased Wright's Silver Cream.  On the packaging it claims to "clean and polish silver to a brilliant shine. This safe mild formula removes tarnish and keeps silver shinning longer." This cream is Amazing!! It worked fast and really got the job done. Some of my pieces were very tarnished almost black in color.

The product is super easy to use. It come with a sponge which the shape of an octagon, those edges makes it easy to get in corners.  The actual product is a plum colored whipped cream. It is fluffy and light.  A little bit goes along way.

Just taking a small bit on the sponge, I whipped product on the tarnished area and it became polished almost immediately.


I was so happy with the results, I maybe late on knowing about this product, but then again I've never really owned silver dishware either.  Here are some before and after photos.
 
 
Here's how I will be incorporating these pieces into my Shabby Chic "She Space" décor.


You can also check out the live demonstration on my YouTube channel, click video link below.
 
I appreciate you stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment