Saturday, October 11, 2014

DIY: Shabby Chic Room Accent Decor

One of my YouTube subscribers asked me how do I Shabby Chic my wrought pieces.  So I am always happy to answer a question from you all, here's a couple of pieces that I recently did.  I want to style or theme of my room to be Shabby Chic. "Shabby Chick" is defined by Wikipedia as -  a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their wear and tear or where new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.

What you will need:
*Paint of your choice
*A small paint brush
*Accent Décor or Furniture of your choice.

It is really easy, First, you lightly dip paint brush into paint. I am using the paint that I used to paint my room and all the furniture pieces, which is by Kensington Clark. It's a satin finish in an Antique white.


Next take the paint and do light paint strokes across the desired area or over the entire piece.


Once you are done let dry for 3-4 hours.  Here is the final look.

 
I love the way they turned out. As I am decorating my "She Space" taking these thrifted finds and personalizing them is a sense of pride. With that being said, that's why I'm excited to share how I am doing this. 

If you would like to see my video,  which is a live demonstration please click video link below.


Thank you so much for stopping by. Please come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment